There’s no feeling like arriving in town, picking up your motorhome or campervan and hitting the road immediately. The excitement is real – you’re eager to discover what Australia has to offer. We’ve found three places to stay on your first night in Perth after picking up your rental motorhome or campervan.
Perth is your gateway to Western Australia; it offers the best of both worlds – a combination of sandy beaches and city lights. However, driving after a long day’s travel is risky. Wherever you’ve come from, Perth is typically several hours away by plane.
We highly recommend booking your first night’s accommodation prior to arriving in Perth. Parking up on the side of the road or in a public place overnight is often illegal.
Lucky for you, retreating to a caravan park or campground comes with a sea of benefits, not only for you, but also your vehicle. If you book a powered site, you’ll be able to charge your appliances and connect your vehicle to electricity. Not only that, you’ll also have full use of the caravan park’s facilities and amenities.
Perth Central Caravan Park
As its name suggests, Perth Central Caravan Park is in the heart of the town, located just eight minutes from the Apollo rental branch – how convenient!
If you’re tired, or picking up your vehicle in the afternoon, this is the perfect place to spend your first night. Here a few more great reasons to stay here:
- Conveniently located – close to restaurants and dining
- Two-minute stroll from the scenic Swan River
- Large powered sites for motorhomes and campervans
- Friendly on-site staff to assist with check-in
- Great park facilities – swimming pool, deluxe camper kitchen and laundromat
Heading north – Cervantes
If you’re heading north on your aussie adventure, we recommend spending your first night at RAC Cervantes Holiday Park.
Located two-and-a-half hours north of the Perth rental branch, and offering a wide range of brand-new facilities, why wouldn’t you want to stay? Here are a few more great reasons to stay here:
- Located on the water
- Fantastic facilities – Playground, swimming pool & BBQ area
- On-site café with free WiFi
- Close to Nambung National Park and water sport hub
- Range of spacious powered sites to choose from
Heading south – Busselton
RAC Busselton Holiday Park is an award-winner, located on the doorstep of Busselton and Dunsborough. This unique caravan park is nestled within eight hectares of natural bushland, approximately two and a half hours from Perth.
Despite its bush setting, the white sands and crystal-clear water of Geographe Bay is a short 300 metre stroll away. It’s the perfect place to spend your first night in WA. Here are some great reasons why:
- Close to the famous Busselton Jetty, Tuart Forest and Margaret River Wine Region
- Range of powered, ensuite and camping sites to suit your vehicle
- On-site kiosk
- Fabulous facilities – jumping pillow, electric bikes, mini gold & camp kitchen
- Free WiFi
How to book your powered site near Apollo’s Perth Branch
You can compare and book these great caravan parks on the Campstay app, which is FREE to download. You can also book your accommodation, activities, or Apollo vehicle through the Campstay website.