Picture this: you’ve booked flights, locked in your camper hire and you’re eager to discover the land down under. Stunning Sydney is Australia’s most famous city. Boasting iconic landmarks like the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. It’s also the perfect place to start your self-drive holiday.
It’s an exciting time. We know you’re itching to hit the road, but there’s nothing worse than driving tired, especially after a full day’s travel. We strongly suggest booking your first night’s accommodation prior to arriving in Sydney. You’ll thank us later! It’s important to be organised on the road, as freedom camping is often prohibited.
Not only do caravan parks provide power to connect your appliances, the facilities and amenities are just as great. Depending on your travel plans, we’ve found three places to stay on your first night picking up from Sydney.
Staying in Sydney
Ingenia Holidays Sydney Hills
Ingenia Holidays Sydney Hills is the ideal place to stay on your first night. Just out of the bustling city and home to great facilities. There are plenty of great reasons to stay:
- 30 minutes north-west of Sydney – one hour north of Apollo’s rental branch
- Central to Sydney’s northern beaches, national parks and Blue Mountains
- Variety of motorhome and camping sites to suit all budgets
- Park kiosk
- Wonderful facilities – swimming pool, BBQ areas and children’s playground.
Heading South – Holiday Haven Shoalhaven Heads
Holiday Haven Shoalhaven Heads is located just under two hours south of Apollo’s rental branch. Boasting wonderful facilities and accommodation for all. Here are a few great reasons to stay here:
- Ensuite sites and riverfront powered and unpowered sites
- Pet-friendly sites
- Many great activities to choose from
- Heated pool
Heading north – NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort
Want to kick-start your trip on absolute beachfront? Turn your aussie dreams into reality at NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort. From a variety of spacious powered sites to tropical swimming pools. You’ll never want to leave! Here are a few great reasons to stay:
- Set on a stunning beachfront.
- Ultimate city escape.
- Variety of powered & camping sites to suit your rental campervan/motorhome hire.
- Surrounded by natural bushland.
- Tropical heated pool with spa and waterslide, bike hire and on-site café.
How to book your powered site near Apollo’s Sydney Branch
You can compare and book these great caravan parks on the Campstay app, which is FREE to download. You can also book your accommodation, activities, or Apollo vehicle through the Campstay website.