So, you’ve picked up your rental motorhome from Brisbane, and you’re excited to explore Australia. Beautiful Brisbane (also known as the river city) is the perfect gateway to sunny Queensland. Queensland is home to many tropical rain forests, picture-perfect beaches and so much more.
We strongly recommend booking your first night’s accommodation before you arrive in Brisbane. We know you’re keen to get on the road, but driving when tired can be very dangerous, particularly after a long-haul flight.
Camping on the side of the road in Brisbane is strictly prohibited; you must stay in a caravan park or designated campground. Luckily, staying at a caravan park offers many other advantages. If you book a powered site, you’ll be able to connect your camper van to electricity. You’ll also have access to amenities like camp kitchens and swimming pools.
We’ve found three places to stay on your first night after picking up your rental vehicle from Brisbane, depending on your travel plans.
Campervan rental Brisbane
Staying in Brisbane
If you’ve travelled a long way to get to Brisbane, or you’re collecting your rental vehicle in the afternoon, you may wish to stay in Brisbane on your first night.
Brisbane Getaway Resort offers a variety of powered sites suitable for campervans and motorhomes. This caravan park is located less than 30 minutes from Brisbane’s CBD. Here are a few more great reasons to stay here:
- 20-minute drive from Apollo’s Brisbane rental branch
- Free resort-wide wi-fi
- Late check-ins available after 6 pm
- Resort pool, tennis court, playground, guest lounge, BBQ areas
- Large Powered Sites with concrete annex pads suitable for Campervans, Motorhomes, RV’s, and Caravans
- Close to shops and restaurants.
Heading north – Sunshine Coast
Located on the banks of the Maroochy River on the stunning Sunshine Coast, Ingenia Holidays Rivershore is a great place to stay for a few days. It’s also a wonderful place to spend your first night if you’re heading further north. Here are a few great reasons to stay here:
- Great amenities (resort-style pool, waterslides and kids playground)
- Late check-in available
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi
- Powered sites for motorhomes and campervans
- Park restaurant – cold beer on tap and cocktails to celebrate your first night
- 24-hour onsite management.
Heading south – Gold coast
Heading south on your Aussie adventure? If so, you’ll definitely want to see the Gold Coast, famed for its golden beaches. BIG4 Gold Coast Holiday Park is the perfect place to kick start your trip. Here’s why:
- 15-minute drive from Surfers Paradise
- Set on 32 acres of sub-tropical gardens
- Onsite café
- Great facilities and attractions for the kids
- Just minutes from Gold Coast theme parks
- Spacious powered sites to park up
- Pet friendly with pet facilities.
How to book your powered site near Apollo’s Brisbane Branch
You can compare and book these great caravan parks on the Campstay app, which is FREE to download. You can also book your accommodation, activities, or Apollo vehicle through the Campstay website.